Day 1305: Who Wants to Talk about Guns

 I know you may not want to, but we need to have a talk.

Comments

  1. Great points thanks.
    Guns are just a tool but an extremely deadly tool that I believe should require a level of education about and a level of safety features/safeguards.
    In certain situations, carrying a gun is certainly appropriate as you have said.
    A further discussion into guns and weapons of mass killing and the current mental state of our world could ensue here lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I absolutely agree - training is essential, as well as making sure that someone is stable before giving them access to something that can so easily hurt or kill.

      Delete
  2. Could you add who you are within shooting a gun, what starting point/points did you find in yourself that are not to accomplish self-interested goals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I am at the stage of exploring exactly that. So I am seeing what is activated within me, what is coming up. What I have seen so far is: in the physical aspect, it is quite challenging to quiet my body, breathing and mind in order to be as accurate as possible. Then on the mind side there is an element of enjoyment in hitting your target (I have successfully shot rocks and plastic bottles), as well as walking through fears in handling the guns. There is an interesting point of having to be very deliberate and slow in my movements when handling a gun so as to make sure I don't accidentally fire it, so like a hyper physical awareness. That's where I'm at, at the moment

      Delete

Post a Comment